Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sometimes people randomly compliment you, for random things.
But they are so random and strange that you think about them after a while
and then it makes you happy again.
Compliments leave an impact to you, they make your day just that little bit brighter
and even more so when they're random, things that you wouldn't even think of being complimented for. Whereas usual compliments sometimes just makes you smile for that short time then you forget about it.
Strange compliments however, you think about it for a while, because you're left to wonder, 'wow, really? why did you just compliment me for that?'

Today I was packing up my bags to go home because I had free periods, so my locker was opened then my friends saw my mug, it was pink and it was a birthday present from my primary school friends- I rarely ever used it, so I brought it to school- since the Year 12s have a common room where we can make coffee, tea, milo, etc.
Anyway, my friends complimented me saying how nice my mug was and how they like it. So I thanked them, but now after a few hours, I'm still left pondering, 'is my mug really that nice?' making me think of seeing it in a different light- I appreciated the present from my friends, but it was never my favourite mug.
And then remembering how my friends compliment me for such little random things makes me happy and feel grateful for having such wonderful friends.
It's the little things. :)
- 2 March 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment