Thursday, October 28, 2010

I go against the current of the waters
What is popular, or what is the trend
I go my own way
I do not follow what other people are doing
For I am not them, I am myself
And what is life, to follow?
You lead your own life, not theirs, but yours alone

An example of this in our modern society today;
Mainstream music is the music that is played on the radio
These days people intend to not go with the popular flow,
And listen to 'Indie' music, where they are unknown independent bands
Nowadays, if you listen to 'indie' music, you are regarded as cool
So, what's the point?
Oh so you listen to indie music because you prefer to stand out, and be cool? But being cool is the trend!
And what's the point of listening to 'indie' music only so you can be labeled as 'cool' but don't genuinely enjoy listening to it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment